Students entering this class will be able to perform work on automobiles and light duty trucks in the following areas: suspension and steering, brakes, cooling systems, ignition systems, fuel systems, exhaust systems, electrical systems, electrical accessories, manual transmissions and clutches, drive lines, engine mechanic diagnosis, engine blocks and cylinder heads and valve trains.
Students are instructed in the proper use and care of tools and equipment. They are also instructed on safe work habits of an entry-level mechanic.
- General maintenance, fluid services
- Tire repair and balancing
- Front end alignment, suspension and steering
- Brake service
- Electrical, engine performance service
- Automotive dealerships
- Tire companies
- Service stations
- Replacement parts dealers
- Automotive recycling companies
- Independent repair shops